Guzman Acain advises on all tax-related matters and provides solutions for all types of transactions. We typically assist corporations to comply with all their tax compliance and requirements, tax audits, tax assessments, and refund claims and take into consideration the recent BIR rulings and treaty relief applications. We always take advantage of the Compromise Settlement provisions of the Philippine Tax Code if this is beneficial to our clients.
Our Tax law Services
- Assist and provide solutions to tax compliance requirements;
- Represent corporations in Tax Investigations, BIR Letters of Authority, Preliminary Assessments Notices, Formal Assessment Notices, and filing Appeals to the Court of Tax Appeals; and
- Provide advice to applications for Compromise Settlements.
Our Private Wealth practice offers our clients a boutique and customized experience. Our private wealth team works closely with our lawyers and liaise with our international network of private wealth practitioners who offer guidance in transactional business matters. Our private wealth practice is client-focused specialties, including artwork and collectibles, wine and wineries, foundations and philanthropy, direct investment, campaign finance, residency, real estate, and tax advice.
Private Wealth Advisory
Our Private Wealth team advises clients on sensitive business and personal affairs, including:
- Tax Structuring
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Estate, Probate and Family Dispute Litigation
- Acquisition of Yachts and Private Aircraft
- Wealth preservation and asset protection strategies
- Creation of pre-immigration and other foreign trusts
- Family back-office operations, administrative services, bookkeeping support, insurance management, and art and collectibles management
- Succession planning for family and closely-held businesses.
- Reputational risk assessments and support.
- Advice for financial privacy and security
- Establishing terrorist and emergency procedures for family and business
- Multiple passports and tax residency planning including expatriation planning, change in state tax residency planning, and financial privacy and security advice